This year at the Cannes Lions Festival, executives from Hulu took the stage to speak about how Hulu is transforming today’s TV landscape. If you need a recap of the event, here are four key themes for you to consider:
Hulu Truly Embodies A “Viewer-First” Mentality
From Hulu’s content offering to the product and advertising experiences, every decision Hulu makes starts with the viewer.
“Hulu was the winner for us, not only because of the passion in the room, but the data indicated to us how direct our relationship could be with the audience. It indicated to us that we knew where people were going to watch…and we knew who would be into the content we were creating.”
– Kerry Washington, Executive Producer, Little Fires Everywhere
Hulu Is The #1 Choice For TV
Viewers have vocalized their desire for more choice and control in their TV experience. They crave stories that impact culture, inspire conversation, and are delivered in a convenient and personalized way. These consumers are tech-savvy and digitally fluent – and they are choosing Hulu.
- Hulu is home to 85,000+ episodes, and 80% of Emmy nominated content.
- Hulu is now the fastest-growing SVOD service in the U.S., adding more than 7.5 million paid US subscribers in 2018.
- Ad-Supported viewer engagement is up +82% over the past year.
Hulu Effectively Reaches Consumers
Premium content that is fully-addressable across all devices, and delivered in a brand safe environment. Hulu offers brands a better way to reach consumers who love TV with creative opportunities that simply do not exist in conventional television or social channels.
- 61 Million ad-supported unique viewers – 21 Million viewers are cord-cutters.
- 85% of Hulu viewers are light-TV viewers – more than half of viewers who saw a campaign on Hulu, never saw it on traditional TV.
- Targeted Hulu Campaigns are at least 2X more effective than MVPD addressable benchmarks (e.g., Hulu delivers 3X higher ad recall and 2X higher brand favorability).
Hulu Authentically Connects With Consumers Through Storytelling
By tapping into cultural moments, Hulu brings life to new Hulu Originals. To stand out in an era of peak TV, publishers must create deeply original content that connects with consumers.
- Social media activity around Hulu and Hulu Originals has increased more than 40% over the past quarter.
- In the first week of The Handmaid’s Tale Season 3, Hulu had 100% view-through on all three episodes (e.g. viewers finished the episodes).
- Every new Hulu Original series launched in 2019 has been certified fresh by Rotten Tomatoes (and all have scored above 80%).
Speaking of content, click here to check out our upcoming slate of exciting Hulu Originals.